Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Text in APA format, bibliographic references in alphabetical order, three or four keywords, abstract maximum 150 words.
- Names of the authors (Surname, Name); Current activity, department, university, country, email (of each of the authors)
The Dossier Call, has guest editors, they are professionals with a long career and recognized by the academy. They are in charge of proposing and convoking issues of importance and relevance for the discussion and construction of Latin American thought. Each issue has a deadline for submission and they are incorporated in the Dossier Section.
This section receives articles on all topics of the Social Sciences and Humanities.
The work must be unpublished and framed in the areas and policies of the magazine:
• Title in Spanish and English
• Photographs: Preferably in 300 dpi resolution, between 8 and 10 photographs, each with a title or name.
• A text must be written in freestyle, in which the author presents and argues his / her position about the essay in a maximum of 400 words.
• A semblance of the author of maximum 5 lines must be sent.
Religación will receive reviews of books and events of interest to the journal. This section consists of a space for unpublished texts, which approach new publications, describing them, analyzing them and attributing them a value in the study discipline.
The book reviews will not have more than 750 words, and the event reviews will not have more than 500 words.
The requirements for submitting reviews will be:
• Title of the book or name of the event in capital letters
• Name of the Author or the entity sponsoring the event
• Place and date of publication or development of the event
• Name of the person who wrote the review
• The image of the cover of the book or advertising poster of the event must be attached in JPG format (good quality).
• The file must be written in Microsoft Word format, Times New Roman, size 12, and single-spaced.
This section seeks to attract the gaze of the social sciences and humanities from other latitudes of the world, giving priority to research that comes from Asia, Africa and Europe.
• On the first page of the documents must appear: Article’s title (Which will be in the original language and in English, if the original language is English or Portuguese then the title must also appear in Spanish)
• Full name of the author/authors, and, at the bottom of the page, academic degrees, position, and institution to which they belong, and electronic addresses.
• If an article is submitted for the first time, a semblance of the author of maximum five lines must be added.
• A summary of the article in the original language and its equivalent in English (Abstract) must be included, each Abstract must be between 120 and 150 words, plus four to six keywords in both languages.
• Articles must have a minimum length of 3500 and a maximum of 6500 words (without counting bibliography), single-spaced, in A4 page size. The font style to be used will be Times New Roman of 12 points.
• Complete references will be included at the end of the article according to the American Psychological Association (APA).
(Habermas, 2008: 150)
• Bibliographic References: They must appear at the end of the document and in alphabetical order.
◦ Habermas, Jürgen. (2008) Between reason and religion: Dialectic of secularization. Mexico. Fund of Economic Culture
◦ Anderson, Charles & Johnson (2003). The impressive psychology paper. Chicago. Lucerne Publishing.
González Socha, Daniela; Cruz Galvis, Carolina. (2016). La construcción de paz en la agenda de política exterior de Colombia y la Unión Europea. Religación. Revista de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades, 1, March, 27-38.
The electronic copy must be presented as a single document in Microsoft Word format and must be sent to the email:
All the articles in this journal may be published in other journals under the author's permission and should be cited as "Published for the first time in Religación. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities"
The published articles, as well as their content, are responsibility of each author. Religación is not responsible for any type of partial or total plagiarism.
The Editorial Board reserves to itself the ultimate right to decide on the publication of the articles, as well as the number and section in which it will appear. The journal reserves the right to make minor style corrections.
Authors who submit works to this journal accept the following conditions:
• The authors keep the copyrights and give the journal the right of first publication, with the work registered under the attribution of Creative Commons work license, which allows third parties commercial or non-commercial redistribution of what is published as long as the work circulates intact and unchanged.
• Authors who have submitted their works should not have sent them simultaneously to other scientific journals.
• Authors can make other independent and additional contractual agreements for the distribution of the article which is published in Religación (eg, to include it in an institutional repository or to publish it in a book) as long as they clearly indicate that the work was published by first time in Revista Religación. In the case of reproduction, a note similar to the following should be included: This text was originally published in RELIGACIÓN. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities N ° -, section -----, number of pages, year of publication.